Sunday, August 10, 2008

And now for something completely different......

Sorry about the ripoff of the Monty Python line but I'm going to depart from my customary curmudgeon-ness to riff on another of my favorite topics...

the media...

all of the mf-ers.....

What set this off was just a few, short minutes of viewing the two premier Sunday morning talk shows: Meet the Press and This Week with George Stephanopolus.

The pundit class has their narrative and they will not deviate from it no matter what the truth happens to be. In this case, the pundits have two narratives they want to play out over and over again.

First, Barak Obama is an elitist. I mean he MUST be because St John McCain says so all the time and did you know that McCain is a war hero (he was shot down and held captive so that makes him a hero AND imminently qualified to be commander-in-chief) and if he says so, then it is certainly true.

Which one of the two candidates owns nine houses and flies around in his wife's private jet?

Which one was a "legacy" appointment to Annapolis and which one had to fight his way into Harvard?

Second Narrative: Obama is only 5% ahead of McCain. He should be ahead by 20%. Run for the Hills! The Obama Campaign is in BIG TROUBLE.

Never mind the state-by-state which show Obama winning by good margins in even the so-called "Red States". Never mind the internals showing that Obama is ahead or tied in all the GOPs best demographics.

No never mind....just TRUST the Punditry....Obama is in trouble.

But even with these two narratives playing out, there are some signs that the public is not listening. I think the media might have lost its credibility with people. People are tired of being told what to think...what narrative to believe...they seem to be taking their cues from the quality of life happening around them and that seems to tell them that conservative leadership has failed.

They don't want any more of it.

I am disturbed because I had an encounter Friday with two people whom I consider to be quite intelligent but who are, in fact, conservatives who told me how Obama was a "Muslim sympathizer"

I can't believe this crap is still going down...

Tomorrow...or maybe the next day....I'll write about what I think is going to happen next in my little 'berg'.....

Working title:

We've Got Trouble
We've Got Trouble right here in River (less) City

And it starts with T

And it rhymes with D

And D stands for DEER!

DEER?

Oh fercryinoutloud..........