Sunday, May 20, 2007

All the (bad) cliches


I suppose cliches come about for a reason....I suppose it's because they say so much about human nature and that in a given set of circumstances that people will behave the same way and that predicatable behavior becomes the cliche that we hear about again and again.

I recently had occassion to witness one of these (bad) cliches about government first hand. For the life of me I can't understand how people can be so lacking in.....in ....in what?

Self-awareness ?

Yeah...maybe that's it. Self-awareness that would tell them that they are behaving like egotistical buttheads and that the ultimate consequence of their arrogant behavior is personal disaster....for them and probably a couple dozen other people who will drive over the cliff with them for an egotistical thrill ride.

I won't go into details but I will say that it's bizarre to watch an public official to fall in love with an idea and when it's challenged they dig in their heals and refuse to budge one inch...drag it out publicly and go professionally "all-in" for it.....

Jeeeezzzz....
o
I'd like to take the official aside and explain that I've seen this drama before...actually too many times before...and let me give you a hint....it doesn't end well...for anybody....

but no....they've got to live the cliche....