Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Townhall Meeting


I'm a big fan of Townhall format meetings.....if you're an elected official there's nothing better for getting the pulse of the people you represent than a face-to-face no holds barred meeting with your constituents....


I hadn't done one for years....to be fair I haven't been an elected official for years either....so last night was really wonderful for me...I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think every elected official should try it.


I hear excuses from some of my elected "bretheren" that if people want to say something they can "damned well come to the Council Meeting"..


bullshit....


Those meetings are all but scripted...the agenda is set and time is in short supply....


Go free form....let the people tell you what they think..you might be surprised.