Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Mostly addicted

I know I swore off blogging for a while but I've been keeping up with my "responsibilities" over at that ""other blog

Other than that I haven't been laying off of the politics locally. And let me tell ya....it's been a busy summer so far......

Law enforcement
liquor law violations
budgetary considerations
public service commission hearings
smoking ban (in public parks first)....a public buildings including taverns later...
zoning issues (about as exciting as watching grass grow)

otherwise....not much happening....

got a link to Mel's liveblog....she has come so far so fast, I'm just really proud of her...I inviter her to join us here shortly....

Spent the 4th of July in Ashland....pretty nice time really...the fireworks over the bay were spectacular and watching them from the veranda of the Hotel Chequamegon with a cold beer in my hand was an incredible experience......and Ashland's traditional "fire-run" is almost as exciting as the fireworks themselves.....I forgot how much I miss the place...and the people...there's a genuineness of the people who live up there that I appreciate and miss a lot. It's a "in your face" kind of society. You know your friends and you know your foes equally well. If somehow has a problem with you the come up to you, spit in your eye and tell you so...no mamby-pamby passive-aggressive crap for them...but if they're your friend, they'll risk everything for you....

I ran across some old friends, neighbors and an old enemy......I looked in the enemy's eyes and cherished every moment of our rivalry.....and so did he....23 years ago and going strong. There's something truly special about that......


[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/mayor80/WB_0493.jpg[/IMG]