Monday, June 04, 2007

Circles within Circles...


WoW!


It just never stops.


I suppose I could avoid the stresses of being an activist by simply...well...NOT BEING AN ACTIVIST.


I don't know if I could live with myself though.......


This week is going to be full of activities and issues and I'm going to plow right into them head-on...


btw: The Party Chair resigned his lobbying position on Saturday. Our meeting with him was best described as "contentious" and personally one of the most difficult encounters I've experienced in years. But the only thing that remains now is to prevent this from happening in the future.


Local issues are starting to seep in under the woodwork. I'm going to dive right in and get at them...


Just a quick observation though.......


I've had lots of opportunities to talk with the people of my district recently and they tell me I'm doing a good job and they are asking me to do a lot of the things that I'm already doing. In short, my assessment of their wants and needs is pretty accurate....


BUT....


When it comes time to charge the machine gun nest are they behind me?


Will they be behind me if I stick my neck out...even though they've told me that's what they want?


I've been in this business a long time and I know that only a precious few will take the time and effort to come to a meeting to support their/your position when the proverbial manure hits the ventilation shaft.....I'm getting old enough now to be a little cautious...maybe even hesitant...to tackle the big issues again and again and again.


Hmmmm....wonder what "Mayor Al" would say about that?


e