Thursday, November 01, 2007

Calm before the storm?

My fellow wizards have been really quiet this week. I expected to be lobbied and politely cajoled over some issue or another but.....

but....

nothing....

(sound of crickets chirping)

I remember a few summers ago, standing up on the hill to the west of my house watching the meanest, nastiest-looking, terrifying thunderstorm I've ever seen approach on the horizon. I mean...folks this was a monster....it must have been 20 or 25 miles away and had a huge "tower" or "chimney" in which you could see flashes of lightning, the clouds were so dark black that it was actually frightening......

but there wasn't a breeze in the air. The air was perfectly still and the storm was still too far away for the sound of thunder to reach me. It was eerie....it was literally "the calm before the storm".

So the big meeting is scheduled for Monday night.

And yet....no noise...

hmmmmmmmm....