Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Hurry up....and wait

Well, I did the door-to-door thingy to get my nomination papers signed.


It was interesting that this cycle people weren't as mad at the City as the school board and their pending $3MM referendum...man, am I glad I didn't do that....


Did I mention that it was cold?


The ink in the pens kept freezing up. I had six pens with me (the value of experience, eh?) and kept rotating them to have a workable pen for people to use to sign my papers....


Did I mention that it was cold?


My nostrils froze together after the first hour....


I turned everything in yesterday and, apparently, everything is okay and I'm on the ballot.

Now I just have to wait to see if somebody else will file for my seat....not likely, but possible.


Had a very, very long meeting last night and I was so angry when I go home that I couldn't sleep....still stewing over it.



Did I mention it was cold?


I've got to hurry up and......wait......