Friday, December 28, 2007

The path ahead

When I was a kid, the "deal" my parents struck with me about extracirricular activities was that I could participate as much as I wanted ...


BUT....


I had to find my own way home if the activities meant missing the bus.


I walked most of the time....to proud to ask friends for a ride....


I remember that one of the roads I took to get home was straight as an arrow and flat, Florida sand barrens.....it comprised three of the five miles I'd have to walk. I remember coming around the corner and stopping and staring down that road....thinking about the distance I had to go...giving a big sigh...and then, just getting on with it....


I just bought my new pocket calendar for 2008 and put the "set" dates into it. I'm looking down that long, long road...


sigh..............


time to "get on with it."


note: I posted about the Bhutto assassination yesterday on this site....give it a read....