Friday, January 11, 2008

Getting ready.....

Well, the suspense is over.
We know who the candidates for Mayor and Alderpersons are...


It is with great MIXED EMOTIONS that I report that I am unopposed for re-election. I'm relieved because I am not at risk to lose my position but I am saddened that there will not be a debate about the issues facing our community or a choice of which candidate has the best ideas about how to address those issues.




Worst part?




NONE of the five aldermanic positions are opposed!


That doesn't make me very happy.

There are three candidates for Mayor and the incumbent isn't one of them.

Good.

There was a mad scramble by the faction that supports the current Mayor to find an acceptable alternative to the other two running for Mayor and they found one....whom I know and have little, if any, respect for. It's going to get interesting...the big money is lining up behind the hand-picked successor ...the Tavern league is behind another and the business community is behind the third....




Let the games begin!




In the meantime...I'm researching and studying for a PSC (Public Service Commission ) hearing....ought to be a DUZZY folks!