Thursday, January 03, 2008

Great Comment from Alwayshope!

Our friend Alwayshope left a great comment to my post about the punditry picking our candidates.


alwayshope wrote:


"It's our decision dammit.."Yes!I wrote a poem in Jan. 2001, It's rather lengthy but here's a couple of relevent verses:

"It’s over now! They exclaim from the ranch where he hides.
And most admit that it’s true.
But it feels all wrong deep down inside,


“We the people” were not me and you.
They were judges and lawyers and spinners.
And the news folk of course had a hand.
We could only watch as they picked the winners.
With sadness I watch Al’s last stand."


Wow!


I want to see the rest of that poem.....I can still feel the tightness in my gut when the Supreme Court Decision was read breathlessly by Dan Abrams on the steps in the darkness....


Damn....


Look what those foolish old men (and one woman) wrought on America


America, hell...


Look what they brought on the world!


Thanks Alwayshope!