Thursday, February 07, 2008

I think the whole world has gone mad....

I mean really......

Every time I go to a meeting I get attacked by the other side....I swear that if I proposed a resolution praising MOTHERHOOD these guys would find a reason to attack it.



The candidates forum for the Mayoral election is tomorrow morning. I'm going to try to attend although it will be rigged from the giddy-up.... loaded questions asked to embarrass the candidate(s) NOT supported by the sponsors...giving the "last word" to the "favorite son"....I've seen it all before and they'll do it again, I'm sure of it. Here's a picture of their "ideal candidate"

My least favorite candidate has a website now. I won't link to it because I don't want to give him anymore traffic on the site...and also because I know he has some sort of stat-counter which will tell him who is visiting his site....it took me about three visits to realize that.....
I heard today that a group of locals have apparently raised enough signatures to get the fire station issue on the ballot for April....I'll wait an see if the Clerk issues the "Certificate of Sufficiency" before I start thinking about it too much.
I had coffee with another Alder-critter this afternoon....he's really discouraged....he's beginning to doubt that he (or any of us for that matter) can really do any good....at the moment my response is to stick my fingers in my ears and go LALALALALALALAL...I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

I don't want his negative attitude rubbing off on me....
So today is February 7......let's see.....29 days in this month...that leaves 21 to go and then 22 days in March until the spring equinox....that's 43 days until the sun is back over the equator and its rays become strong and start to light and heat the northern hemisphere up again....the darkest days of winter are behind me now....I have light and warmth to look forward to again.....



Winter can be beautiful but the older I get the more anxious I am for it to depart.

Our friends in Madison got over 12" of snow dumped on them yesterday but it was bright blue skies where I live. I could see the storm clouds south of us and I could see on radar that the snow was less than 60 miles away. I'm just thankful I didn't have to drag the snowblower and shovels out again....