Monday, February 18, 2008

Tomorrow is primary day





Lots of exciting stuff going on both on the local and national level.

We've received quite a bit of attention from our national Democratic Candidates in here in Wisconsin. Both Obama and Hillary have been "working the State pretty good. Hillary got "snowed out" of Wausau yesterday but has rescheduled for today. Obama is going to be in the southern part of the state today (Milwaukee area, I think). Unfortunately, Wausau is the closest any of them actually got to me and I didn't want to brave the snow storm to see them.


Among my group of friends, it's Obama all the way. Hillary is linked with the Harry Reid Senate Democrats who seem to have never found an issue they could stand up for...in other words...Spineless Senate Democrats....Obama is slightly better.


On the local level the Mayor's race will be narrowed to two tomorrow...I'm suspecting that my least favorite candidate will make it through the primaries but there are some complications which I can't go into for my favored candidate....I won't go so far as to call this one....

Frankly I'm not all that thrilled about my choice of candidate...he can be....ummmmmm......let's just say DIFFICULT at times....but I have my choice of battling with him or dealing with a candidate who:


Waffles.....the last time this guy was elected, he won overwhelming because of his stance on ONE MAJOR ISSUE. After he was elected, it took him exactly two weeks to change his position. When asked why he "waffled"...that is, he said that his campaign position wasn't really what everybody thought it was, and besides, he was elected to get a "compromise". (It was a surrender).
The other choice is:

That's right....weasel....He'll tell anybody anything and if backed into a corner will use "weasel words" to get himself out. I've seen a few of his position statements and he comes down firmly and resolutely on BOTH sides of the issue. He reminds me of those old time politicians who would vote "for" something procedurally and "against" the same thing after it didn't make any difference so they could tell their constituents that they voted the way they wanted them to no matter which contituent they talked to. It's called "having a vote in each pocket". He thinks he's a MINK ....but remember...a mink is a weasel with a good press agent.